What is Gen Z? - (Gen Z Years – Generation Z Age Range - [Zommers] Gen Z Vs Millennials - Generation Z Latest Stats and Current Population 2021)
WHAT WE HAVE ON THIS PAGE
- What Is Generation?
- Generation Z (Shorts)
- Eye-Opening Gen Z Population Statistics 2021
- The population of All the Generations in The World 2021 [At Glance]
- Years for All Generations
- What Is Gen Z (Generation Z)?
- Gen Z Meaning and Definition
- Gen Z Years
- Generation Z Age Range
- [Top 20] Characteristics of Generation Z
- [Top 10] Most Popular Generation Z Slangs
- Gen Z Vs Millennials
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Question)
- Generation Z - A Detailed Yet Simplified Explanation
WHAT IS GENERATION?
“The Term Generation Was First Coined by A French Lexicographer Emile Littre in 1863. He Defined It As “All People Coexisting in Society at Any Given Time”.
- A Generation Is an Average Period Of 30 Years, In Which All the People with Common Statistical Characters Are Born and Living at The Same Interval of Time.
- A Generation is a Period Of 20 To 30 Years in Which Children Born, Grow Up, Become Adult and Begin to Have Children.
Synonyms for Generation: Batch, Range, Wave
“A Generation Encompasses A Series of Consecutive Birth Years Spanning Roughly the Length of Time Needed to Become an Adult; Its Members Share A Location in History And, As A Consequence, Exhibit Distinct Beliefs and Behaviour Patterns.”
Gen Z (Generation Z) – All You Need to Know
Latest Research Data and Population Statistics for All Generations
Population of Generation Z in the World (2021)
- Around 1.51 Billion Population Today are Gen Z (Zoomers).
- Age: 12-24 Years
- World Wide Population: 1515400000+ (Approx. 1.51 Billion)
- Percentage: 19.42 %
Gen Z Latest Population Statistics for US (2021)
- Around 64.4 Million Population in the United States Today are GenZers.(Zoomers)
- Age Group: 12-24 Years
- Population: 64.45 Million
- Percentage: 19.5%
Current Population of Generations in The World 
|Name of Generation||Age (Years)||Percentage||Worldwide Population|
|The Greatest Generation||94+||0.51%||39780000+ (39 Million)|
|The Silent Generation||76-94||6.3%||491400000+ (491.4 Million)|
|Me Generation (Baby Boomers)||56-75||21.01%||1638470000+(1.63 Billion)|
|Gen X||41-55||19.68%||1535040000+(1.53 Billion)|
|Gen Y (Millennials)||25-40||21.78%||1698840000+(1.69 Billion)|
|Gen Z (Zoomers)||12-24||19.42%||1515400000+(1.51 Billion)|
|Gen Alpha||0-11||11.31%||882180000+(882 Million)|
Population of All the Generations in The World [Graphical Presentation with Latest Stats and Analysis]
All Generation Years, Age, and Time Period
|Name||Period||Oldest Age (Years)|
|1. The Lost Generation||1883-1900||138|
|2. The Greatest Generation||1901-1926||120|
|3. The Silent Generation||1927-1945||94|
|4. Me Generation (Baby Boomers)||1946-1964||75|
|5. Generation X||1965-1980||56|
|6. Generation Y (Millennials)||1981-1996||40|
|7. Generation Z||1997-2009||24|
|8. Generation Alpha||2010-2024||11|
|9. Generation Beta||2025-2039||N/A|
What Is Gen Z (Generation Z)?
Generation Z Is the Only Generation to Witness the History of The Beginning of Android Mobile.
[ Gen Z -in Brief]
- Population Born Between 1997 And 2009 With Common Statistical Characters are GenZers.
- Age Range: 12-24 Years
- World Wide Population: 1515400000+ (Approx. 1.51 Billion)
- Percentage: 19.42 %
Gen Z Meaning and Definition
Gen Z Is The 7th Generation That Comes After Generation Y (Millennial). It Includes 12 Years From 1997 To 2009. People of This Generation Are Also Called Zoomers. The Term Zoomer Was Used to Describe Active Baby Boomers Until Generation Z Was Established.
Gen Z Is A Chart of The Demographic Cohort That Refers to Those Who Are Born Between The 1997s to 2009s.
In Simple Words, The Population Born Between 1997 And 2009 Is Called Gen Z.
Gen Z Years (What Years Are Generation Z?)
Gen Z Years (Generation Z Years)
Many Different Years Have Been Given About It, Such As
- 1990 -2010
Based on The Ending Year of Gen Y (1996) And Starting Year of Gen Alpha (2010), More Correct Years for Gen Z (Zoomers) Are [1997 -2009].
Years for Zoomers (GenZ): 1997 -2009
What Is Gen Z Age Range? (Generation Z Age Range)
- The Age of Generation Z Is 12 Years, Counted From 1997 To 2009 (1997 Included).
- In 2021, People Who Are 10 To 24 Years Old Belong to Generation Z.
Gen Z Age: 12 Years
The Age of Gen Z Is the Smallest Age Range Yet. The Greatest Generation (G.I.) Has the Largest Age Range Of 26 Years, Counted From 1901 To 1927.
Top 20 Gen Z Characteristics
Some of the main characteristics and Features of Generation Z are:
- The Decline of Social Rules
- Like to Know and Use New Technologies.
- Willing to Foreign Business
- Use Calendar When Planning Activities.
- An Army of One: Me
- You Can Be Anything You Want to Be
- More Concerned About Job Searching and Work.
- The Age of Anxiety and Stress
- Consider Going Abroad Permanently.
- The Belief That There's No Point in Trying
- Sex Maniac
- Believe in Equality Revolution: Minorities, Women, Gays and Lesbians
- Gaming Addictive
- Need Unlimited Access to All Applications in Mobile.
- Fast Career Is the Priority.
- Social Media Influence
- Digital Native
1. Multitasking: MultiTasking The Concurrent Execution of Multiple Tasks Over A Certain Period of Time. New Tasks Can Interrupt Already Started Ones Before They Finish, Instead of Waiting for Them to End.
2. The Decline of Social Rules
3. Technophile: Like to Know and Use New Technologies
4. Expatriate: Willing to Live in Native Countries and Interest in Foreign Business
5. Cataloguer: Use Calendar When Planning Activities.
6. Know-It-All: Acts as Though He or She Knows Everything and Dismisses the Opinions, Comments, Or Suggestions of Others I.e. An Army of One: Me
7. Sophomaniac: Sophomaniac A Delusion of Having Superior Intelligence. You Can Be Anything You Want to Be
8. Job-Seeker: More Concerned About Job Searching and Work.
9. Disquiet: The Age of Anxiety and Stress
10. Immigrant: Consider Going Abroad Permanently.
11. Careful: Willingness or Ability to Believe That A Statement Is True, Especially on Minimal or Uncertain Evidence.
12. Sex Maniac: Always Thinks About Sex and Tries to Start Sexual Relationships with People
13. Believe in Equality Revolution: With Minorities, Women, Gays, and Lesbians
14. Gaming Addictive: The Problematic, Compulsive Use of Video Games Results in Significant Impairment to An Individual's Ability to Function in Various Life Domains Over A Prolonged Period of Time.
15. Need Unlimited Access to All Applications in Mobile.
16. Career Indispensable: Fast Career Is the Priority.
17. Social Media Influence: Social Media Marketing Involving Endorsements and Product Placement from Influencers, People and Organizations Who Have A Purported Expert Level of Knowledge Or Social Influence In Their Field
18. Interactive: Involving Communication Between People or Reactions Between Things That Work Together
19. Philanthropists: Donates Time, Money, Experience, Skills or Talent to Help Create A Better World
20. Digital Native: Born After the Widespread Adoption of Digital Technology or Brought Up During the Age of Digital Technology and So Familiar with Computers and The Internet from An Early Age.
Top 10 Popular Gen Z Slangs
Here is the List of Most Common Slangs and Phrases that are used by the Generation Z:
|Slang / Phrase||Meaning|
|Stan||Stalker + Fan, An Obsessive but Not Creepy Fan of Something|
|Sip Tea||Just Sitting Back and Listening to The Gossip as Opposed to Participating in It.|
|Dank||Excellent and High Quality|
|Snap||A Person You Find Attractive|
|Hyperbeast||One Who Cares Too Much About Things|
|Whips||A Word Used for Cars|
|Extra||One Who’s Unnecessarily Dramatic|
|Snatched||One Who’s Wearing Something Very Fashionable|
Gen Z Vs Millennials
There Are Major Differences Between Millennials and Gen Z:
|Areas of Difference||Millennials||Gen Z (Generation Z)|
|Decision Making||Millennials Decide by Thinking and Taking Time||While Generation Z Decides in A Hurry and Without Looking at The Risk|
|Vision||Millennials Have Realistic Vision||Zoomers (Gen Z) Have an Optimistic Vision|
|Time-Consuming||Millennials Took More Time to Complete A Task||Gen Z Do That Works in Less Time as The Mind of New Generation Is More Focused.|
|Employment||Millennials Have Perceived Employment Stability||Zoomers Are Unstable Employees|
|Food||Millennials Prefer Healthy Food||For Zen Z, The Taste Matters More.|
|Internet||Millennial Are Less Addicted to the Internet As compared to Generation Z||Zoomers Have A Great Addiction to The Internet.|
|Working||Millennials Prefer to Work in Groups||While Zoomers Like to Work Individually|
FAQ About Generation Z
What Is Gen Z?
People Who Were Born From 1997 To 2009.
What Is the Gen Z Age Range?
Generation Z Age Range Is 12 Years From 1997-2009.
What Is Gen Z Meaning?
The 7th Generation Which Comes After Gen Y That Includes 12 Years From 1997 To 2009 Is Meant by Gen Z (Generation Z).
What Are Gen Z Years?
Years for Gen Z Are 1997 To 2009.
What Is the Nickname of Gen Z?
Gen Z’s Nickname Is Zoomers.
What Is the Generation After Gen Z?
Generation Next to Gen Z Is Gen Alpha.
What Is the Age of Generation Z People In 2021?
11 To 24 Years
What Is the Generation Before Gen Z?
Generation Before Gen Z Is Gen Y (Millennials).
What Is Millennial Meaning?
People Born Between The 1980s and 1996 With Common Statistical Characters Are Called Millennials.
Who Are Millennials?
The Population of Gen Y Are Millennials. Those Who Born From 1981 To 1996.
What Is Millennials’ Age In 2021?
25 To 40 Years. (1981-1996).
What Is the Generation After Millennials?
Generation Next to Millennials Is Gen Z.
How Many People Are in Gen Z?
The total population of Gen Z(Zoomers) In 2021 Is 1.51 Billion.
What Is the First Generation?
The Lost Generation (1883 -1900).
What Is the Newest Generation?
Gen Alpha (2011-2025).
What Are Baby Boomers?
People Born From 1946 To 1964 Are Called Baby Boomers.
What Generation Is Baby Boomers?
Baby Boomers Are the People of the 4th Generation (1946-1964).
What Is the Other Name for Baby Boomers?
What Is the Smallest Generation?Generation Z Is the Smallest Generation Of 12 Years From 1997-2009.
What Is the Largest Generation?
The [Greatest Generation] Is the Largest Generation Of 27 Years From 1900 To 1927.
Who Coined the Term Gen Alpha?
The Term Gen Alpha, Was Coined by Australian Sociologist Mark McCrindle.
Who Coined the Term ‘Millennials’?
Neil Howe & William Strauss Coined the Term Millennials In 1991.
Gen Z (Generation Z - A Detailed Yet Simplified Explanation with Latest Facts and Figures)
Today (In 2021), There Are About 1.5 Billion Youth Aged 12 To 24 Years [About 19.42 Percent of The World's Population] In the World Born From 1997 To 2009 Are Known as GenZers Or Zoomers.
This Is The 7th Generation Succeeding Millennials and Proceeding Gen Alpha. Gen Z Is Today’s Most Powerful Generation.
- This Generation Is Different from All Generations So Far.
- Its Existence Is Associated with The Beginning of Modern Science and Technology.
- Never Before Has Any Generation Experienced the Modernity of Science and Technology So Closely.
- Its People Have Found Themselves in The Fast-Changing Times of Science and Technology.
They Have Different Motivations, Learning Styles, Characteristics, Skill Sets, And Social Visions Than Previous Generations. Gen Z Is the Most Ethnically Diverse and Technologically Sophisticated Generation. Zoomers Are Replacing Millennials on College Campuses.
Trends Affecting Generations and In Turn Being Affected by Their Behaviour, Fertility, Health, Livelihood, Work Opportunity, National and International Migration.
Gen Z Is Today’s Most Powerful Generation, Yet It Is Comprised of Our Youth and Young Adults Today and Has Received Very Little Attention Comparatively.
- Generation Z Each Gaining A Reputation for Multiculturism And for Creating Interesting Fusions Between Many Heritages.
- They Value Personal Relationships Than Traditional Ties of Responsibilities.
- Gen Z Has an Individual, Informal, And Very Straightway of Communication. Social Media Is A Vital Part of Their Lives.
Generation Z Education and Employment:
- Gen Z Students Grew Up in Stagnation and Are Under No Illusions About Their Anticipation for Employment After College.
- It Is Found That Gen Z Is Not Re-Evaluating the Value of a College Education. Gen Z Considers A Traditional Four-Year College Education More Important Than Ever Before.
- Gen Z Is Quickly Becoming the Most Educated and Stony-Broke Generation in History.
- So, Organizations That Focus on Investment in Learning and Skill/Capability Development Become More Attractive to This Education-Oriented Cohort.
Generation Z Ranges from Those Entering High School, Completing Undergraduate College, And Starting Careers.
Generation Z Is Very Different Than Millennials. Not Many of Them Have Grandparents That Fought in A War.
They've Never Known A World Without the Internet and Have Grown Up with Violence and Porn at Their Fingertips with An Object Barely Known to Just One Generation Before Them: A Mobile Phone. They Had Never Saved Their Pocket Money to Buy A Photo Album.
Gen Z Is Growing Up in A World of Widening Social Inequality, Political Apathy, And Economic Uncertainty.
- Underage Sex,
- Commit A Crime,
- And Are A Menace to Society - Or So the Media Leads Us to Believe.
While Doubtful About the Cost and Value of Higher Education, They Are Also Executive, Innovative, And Independent Learners Concerned with Effecting Social Change.
Right Now, Gen Y (Millennials) Are the Best Communicator at Work. They Are the First Generation to Be Taught Social Skills at Work, And They Genuinely Kind and Concerned About People.
Generation Z Mindset and Goals
Gen Z's Mindset and Goals Are Paramount to Supporting, Developing, And Educating Them Through Higher Education.
Gen Z Is Typically Portrayed as Prioritizing Financial Security Over “Personal Fulfilment.”
- Was That the Case?
- What Were Their Aspirations in Terms of Careers?
- Were They Risk-Averse or More Entrepreneurial?
Generation Z Career Aspirations
Starting from Some Hypotheses, We Sought to Understand Their Career Aspirations and Development and Which Industries and Sectors They Were Drawn To.
We Wanted to Understand Their Working Styles:
- Are They More Comfortable as Team Players or Working Individually?
- We Looked at How Their Core Values Determine the Kinds of Companies They Wanted to Work For.
Given Its Experience Growing Up in The Aftermath of The Great Recession, One Might Think
- Gen Z Has Emerged as A Pragmatic,
- Non-Entrepreneurial Group Motivated by Job Security,
- Uninterested in Traditional Higher Education,
- And Ready to Work Without Argument at The Whim of Employers.
Gen Z Goes to College Showcases Findings from An In-Depth Study Over Thousands of Gen Z College Students from Nearly 20 Vastly Different U.S. Higher Education Institutions as Well as Additional Studies from Youth, Market, And Education Research Related to This Generation.
Gen Z: A Century in The Making Offers Insight into Nearly Every Aspect of The Lives of Those In Generation Z, Including
- A Focus on Their Career Aspirations,
- Religious Beliefs and Practices,
- Entertainment and Hobbies,
- Social Concerns,
- Relationships with Friends and Family,
- Health and Wellness,
- Money Management,
- Civic Engagement,
- Communication Styles,
- Political Ideologies,
- Technology Use,
- And Educational Preferences.
Gen Z and Market Research
Drawing from An Unprecedented Number of Studies With
- Higher Education Research Institutions,
- Market Research Firms,
- Other Generational Researchers And
- Industry Leaders,
This Is the Authoritative Defining Work on Gen Z That
- Market Researchers,
- Consumer Behaviour Specialists, And
- Employers Sorely Need – And It Is A Fascinating Read for Anyone Interested in The Sociology of Generations.
Gen Z And Market
Marketing to Gen Z Paints A Fascinating Portrait of The Newest Buyers. Having Internalized the Lessons of the Great Recession, This Central Generation Blends the Practical and Work Ethic of Older Generations With The High Ideals And Digital Expertise Of Youth.
Gen Z and Companies
Gen Z No Longer Forms Opinions of a Company Solely Based on The Quality of Their Products/Services but Also Now on Their
- Practices, And
- Social Impact.
To Win the Hearts of Gen Z, Companies and Employers Will Need To Highlight Their Efforts.
Gen Z and Organizations
Gen Z Is Born and Brought Up with The Current Technology, They Are Digital-Centric and Technology Is Their Identity. Gen Z Has Already Entered the Organization but Little Is Known of This Generation About Their Characteristics, Needs, Attributes, And Work Style.
They Have Different Attitudes Towards Work Than Millennials and Gen X.
- Without A Proper Understanding of This Generation, Organizations Face Difficulties Hiring and Retain Them for The Sustainable Growth of The Organizations.
- By Understanding Them, The Organizations Can Determine What Can Impact Their Recruitment and Retention Success By Paying Attention To What This Generation Tick In The Workplace.
- This Paper Examines the Attitude and Preferences Of Gen Z From The Existing Literature So That Companies Can Foresee And Build Workplaces Suitable For Them Which In Turn Will Impact The Organizational Performances.
While Focusing on The Quality of The Goods/Services You Provide Is Still Important, A Company’s Ethics Are More Important Than Ever. For Brands, Reaching This Mobile-First and Socially-Conscious Cohort Requires Real Change, Not Just Tweaks to The Millennial Plan.
Marketing to Gen Z Offers Several Examples and Insights for Connecting and Conversing, Including
- How to Get Past The 8-Second Filter Avoid Flagrant Advertising and Tap Influencer Marketing Reflect Their Values,
- Understand Their Language and Off-Beat Humour Adapt Content And
- Social Media Strategies Offer the Shopping Experiences They Expected to Comprise 40 Percent of All Consumers.
This Is the Time to Learn Who They Are and What They Want.
Researches on Generation Z
A Research by Chloe Combi
- A Columnist Chloe Combi Has Interviewed Hundreds of Teenagers and Children Born in Gen Z,
- She Has Talked to Some Of The Richest And Poorest Kids In The Country.
- She Has Travelled on Night Buses with Gangs, Gone on A Post-Gcse Trip To Glastonbury, Hung Out In Crack Houses Where Teenagers Get High, Rehabilitation Centres Where They Get Help, And Churches Where They Find God.
She Has Found That Gen Z Is
- Sex-Obsessed, And
She Has Also Found Them Delightful, Curious, Kind, And Worried About Their Futures.
Gen Z Is an Emotional, Illuminating, Sometimes Dark, Sometimes Hilarious, Journey Through the Lives of This Generation Told It in Their Voices.
In the Extreme Case of Distress Due to Lack of Integration And Alienation Among The Youth, They Are
- Manifest in Drug and Alcohol Abuse,
- And in A Range of Aggressive and Violent Behaviour Including Suicide and Homicide.
Their Rapid Entrance into The Workforce Is Increasing the Complexity of Managing and Working Across Generations.
More Than 60 Percent of Gen Z Anticipate Challenges Working with Generation X and Millennials.
Millennials Are Increasingly Aware That the Behaviour Pattern Established During Youth Will Influence Their Entire Life Span and Thereby Have Implications for The Old Age of The Millennials Formal When the Youth Have Acquired Power After Them.
Generation Z Has Never Known a Google-free World
Growing Up During the Most Accelerated and Game-Changing Periods of Technological Advancements in History. It Imprinted Gen Z with New
- Expectations of Work,
- And Much More.
In the end, We Can Say That
Diversity Matters to Generation Z Through Many Dimensions and Isn’t Just Isolated to Race and Gender, But Also Related to Identity and Orientation.
Combining This with Their Preferences On
- How They Work,
- Where They Work,
- And Who They Work With
Means That Companies Will Need to Fundamentally Change How They Organize, Hire, Retain and Develop Talent.
If They Are Given the Right Advice and The Right Guidance, Then They Have the Ability to Do Any Major Task.